Thursday, February 19, 2009

Peace among Turmoil?

I've been noticing recently that in this crazy time in my life when one might think that peace could not exist, I have recently experienced some truly amazing moments of peacefulness within myself.
I'm recording this so that I might remember, and sharing so perhaps my experiences might help others find that inner calmness and peace as well.

  • For a few moments after Yoga class the other day, my mind was still and my body didn't feel stressed and tense as it usually does.
  • I always feel better and blessed after a rousing discussion with Bethany and her prayers. She prays so beautifully. And handing over those burdens to God feels inexplicably wonderful.
  • I also noticed an unusual calmness about myself as I was reading through the book Eat, Pray, Love byElizabeth Gilbert.

Being reminded that even when things seem bad, we can make the best of them is something I need more often. I must work towards focusing myself not on the bad, but on the good in the situation.

I am so blessed to have the support of such a large family. For all of you reading this. Thank-you for your support and prayers. Continue to help me and challenge me to find that inner calm.

No comments: