Monday, February 23, 2009

In search of the prefect song

I have listened to over 100 versions of Make Me a Channel of Your Peace/Prayer of Saint Francis trying desperately to find the perfect version to use at Grandma's Blessing with Bishop Gumbleton. I have yet to find one that is perfect. I am beginning to think that I may never find one.
Really, let's be honest. I want it to sound just like it does in my head, which is how I heard it in church many years ago with my Grandmother by my side at Our Lady of the Woods. A male organist for the church, playing on the Grand piano just his voice and the beautiful piano.
I'm so beyond frustrated. There are beautiful 1980's synthesizer versions, or great piano with no words or a nice voice with a cheesy background. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! Just the piano and the voice people, that's all I'm asking for!!!. One would think that would not be so hard!

ok. sorry. rant over.

If anyone has a recorded version they would recommend, please help. I need it for Sunday. I've searched ITunes and come up with not much.

No comments: