Thursday, January 10, 2013

Family History Search: Rebandt, Weeg, Therrien and Phillips

I'm baaaack.....It's been a long, long time, but I have a new passion I'd like to use this blog to share. With a 2 year old running around the house, I'm sure I won't have a ton of time to blog, but check in for new posts every once in a while.

I've been researching my family history recently and having a lot of fun with it. I have learned a lot from www.Ancestry.com. And particularly love the video archives at www.livestream.com/ancestry.

I am researching all branches of my family tree which includes the surnames: Rebandt, Weeg, Therrien, and Phillips.

Most recently, I've been working on transcribing the documents I found at Ancestry.com with my free trial. Here's what I learned from the marriage record for Adam B. Rebandt and Helen Cecilia Girsch.

 20 Oct 1925 in Detroit, MI. Michigan Department of Health lists Adam B. Rebandt, age 31 married to Helen C. Girsh, age 20, on record number 300304. Date of License: 12 Oct 1925. Both living in Detroit, Michigan. Both born in Michigan. Adam works as a Clerk. Helen works as an operator. Adam's father is Joseph, mother is Albertina BOSSMAN. Helen's father is Gorge. Mother is Mary BOSSMAN. Neither have been previously married. They were wed on 20 Oct. 1925 by Catholic Priest Patrick T. DUNNE. Witnesses to the marriage were Nicholas DAVIS of Detroit, MI and Eleanor URBANISK (sp could be URBANICK).

What have you learned about your ancestors?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Learn something every time I check in here at your blog...

I had no idea there was an eleven year difference in the ages of my grandparents (Helen and Adam). Grandma died the year before I was born. I was always told she 'died young' as they say, but I had no idea she was only 62. I also did not know that she was an Operator. Cool!